Finance Analyst for WHO Budapest Centre (PE-11556)
Under supervision of the principal Subject Matter experts based in Geneva and/or Kuala Lumpur, and as part of an outposted team supporting the BMS project in Budapest, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks and activities:
• Support the validation and testing the delivered solution for their functional area / region
o Support the review and improvement of end-to-end test cases
o Support and perform unit testing
o Support and perform integration testing if and as needed
o Support and perform End to End (E2E) testing aligned with functional areas
• Execute data preparedness and data conversions actions
o Support data analysis
o Data cleansing and data optimization for data conversion, including related coordination with relevant counterparts
o Check regional/ country data for validity
o Validate migrated data
• Support in the Update of SOPs and user manuals to reflect new business processes and systems
• Actively communicate and engage with teams
• Support the development of training and communication materials
• Execute change champion tasks
• Acts as BMS ambassador
• Provide input in the project as needed
• Any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
The tasks will be based on the overall project plan of the BMS project and, as such, are subject to change.
• Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent, complemented by training in accounting or book-keeping.
• Degree in Accountancy/Finance or any other professional certificate (ACCA, CPA, ICAEW, etc…) is a distinct advantage
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with Secondary Education or 2 years with Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance and/or financial management, preferably in an international setting.
• Working knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required
• Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel etc.).
• Knowledge and experience in using an ERP system such as Workday is an advantage
• Recent experience in a Finance Shared Services Centre is an advantage.
• Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages is an advantage.
• Integrity, tact and discretion in dealing with others.
• Good, effective all round communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• A good team player.
• The ability to prioritize and work under pressure with close attention to detail.
• A proactive approach.
• Detail-oriented review with clear follow up
• Expert English.
• Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage (French/ Spanish/ Arabic/ Russian/ Mandarin)
12-month fixed-term contract, with the possibility of extension