Voyager Communications Manager (SZJ-11882)
The Communications Manager will develop and deliver Voyager communications & stakeholder engagement activities and deliverables to launch innovative and engaging communications, campaigns and engagement events to inform, engage and motivate people to successfully make the transition to and adoption of new ways of working. Location is flexible.
• Understand key stakeholders within the programme workstreams & beyond, build trusted and collaborative relationships with stakeholders both inside & outside the programme to enable and deliver benefits to Voyager’s communications agenda.
• Execute the Voyager communication and stakeholder engagement strategy and plan with third-party service providers and amplify through the Regional and Local teams.
• Support the development of the Voyager narrative, key messages, benefits and communications blueprint to underpin communication activities covering cultural, process and functional and persona-led viewpoints, especially for Finance and Commercial content.
• Own the build & execution of the Finance & Commercial comms plans. Engage and align relevant stakeholders and produce high quality and timely content aligned to programme & workstream messaging. Leverage effective channels to share content for stakeholder, end user & external engagement (e.g. Regional / Functional leadership meetings, events such as Global Town Halls) to foster strong stakeholder engagement through two-way interactions.
• Collaborate with third-party communications service provider as well as Regional and Local teams to launch communications to stakeholders and business communities. Manage communications requests, adding to the backlog and managing expectation as required.
• Leverage the power of data and insights to measure effectiveness of communications from message reach and channel effectiveness and take remediation actions as needed.
• Collaborate effectively within Voyager’s Communications team and the wider Global & Regional Change team. Become the Comms SME for relevant area / function, with the ability to understand complex subject matter topics and translate into simple, easy to understand communications for the wider organization.
• Support Change Champions and the regional teams, network or representatives in their efforts to localise, translate and launch communications and deploy events.
• Collaborate and align with the Voyager Training Team to incorporate key messages on behavioural / cultural changes into learning content as well as the wider Diageo communications community to achieve goals.
• Degree educated in relevant business or subject (journalism, communications, public relations or marketing)
• 7+ years’ experience in planning and managing communications campaigns and creating content that successfully supports people through change for complex transformational projects, ideally ERP / IT-enabled with a focus on Finance & Commercial functions.
• Track record of working with or managing third-party providers to collaborate and achieve project goals as one team.
• Excellent skills in programme communication content development.
• Experience in stakeholder event delivery.
• Strong knowledge of corporate communication channels and ability to innovate to generate excitement and increase engagement.
• Native English capability across verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Ability to effectively target and tailor the message and medium to various audience groups to achieve intended outcomes.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and ability to deliver high-quality communications in compressed timelines.
• Proficient in using a variety of tools to develop plans and communications content (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Yammer/Viva Engage, Teams, Synthesia, Canva, Poppulo etc.)
Barriers to Success in Role:
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience
• Must be confident at presenting back to Senior Level Leadership
• Someone who has experience in working in Financial Comms, understands working in a multinational, multifunctional organisation
• Confident in financial jargon and can translate comms for finance teams understanding
• Comfortable with S4 Hanna changes and how to translate this to teams
• Can bring value add to the team, can provide innovative ideas of how these processes can be done
• Need to be comfortable with managing their own time and project timelines