DB Administrator (SE-9063)
– Guarantee data information security, availability and integrity through strong operational competencies using the ITIL framework;
– Set operational procedures, endorse their development in alignment with the support activities requirements, maintain them up to date and
provide structured support recommendations to the stakeholders and end users.
– Manage the implementation, support and evolution of Databases and Data Warehouse components and environments applying the standard operational procedures in force within the IT department.
– Establish and update operational processes jointly with the other team supervisors and the IT service manager to warranty operational
level agreements (OLA).
– Participate in all activities related to providing adequate and stable Database and Data Warehouse structures and related services to all stakeholders distributed across 5 regions.
– Manage personal knowledge and continuously update your skill set on various systems and applications used at the company
– Operations support
– Ensure the smooth operations (administration, patching, monitoring and optimisation) of the systems and services under primary responsibility within the company quality standards.
– Report on changes and events within the scope of support activities which could have and operational impact on the service availability.
-Ability to rapidly diagnose and coach the business application support team members in a fast and efficient troubleshooting and resolution approach.
– Prioritize requests and incidents resolution to maintain high quality support service levels to the company user community and guarantee time resolution commitments (OLA/SLA).
– Make proposal for new tools or methods to improve solutions, applications and tasks undertaken by the business application support unit.
– Identify and implement opportunities to improve operations outcomes. Act as knowledge backup to other areas of expertise within the business application support team.
– Support the Database and Data Warehouse environments within the ITIL framework across the company systems distributed across 5 regions.
– Reporting and Documentation
– 3-5 years of professional experience in the administration, setup, backup and management of clustered Microsoft SQL database environments.
– 3 years of professional experience or equivalent as software developer on Microsoft SQL Server
– Excellent knowledge and proven experience with Microsoft SQL Server virtual environment administration, operations, performance and capacity management
– Experience in service management and reporting tools (preferred)
– Experience in Business Intelligence and reporting tools (preferred)
– Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
– Adept at analysis, problem solving, solution and end-user result oriented
– Excellent knowledge in data warehouse ETL processes and architecture (preferred)
– Affinity for team work, collaborative attitude, open-minded and adaptable
– Well organized, able to work under pressure and manage emergencies
– Good analytical skills to interprets problems, identifies solutions and possible side effects.
– Fluently spoken and written English and Hungarian