Internal Control Coordinator (PE-8931)
• Proactively examine processes within the organization to evaluate adequacy of controls.
• Confirm a process is used based on control-related metrics that provides management assurance that adequate controls (as evaluated through a self-assessment process; i.e. MCRP) are in place for all key financial and operating processes. Support and facilitate regular meetings with operational and finance management to ensure control related metrics are communicated to management on a timely basis.
• Local management is to ensure that a robust internal control self-assessment process has been implemented. IC Coordinators are to:
-Support deployment, conducting and monitoring of the annual Sarbanes-Oxley self-assessment program (MCRP and related programs: S-Ox, Annual Control Review, S-Ox Confirmation Testing and Quarter 4 S-Ox Update Testing).
-Provide S-Ox and Non S-Ox MCRP training to key personnel as required.
-Facilitate ongoing review and reporting throughout the organization and follow-up on issues identified.
-Facilitate interpretation of policies and procedures; direct focus on compliance to and standardization of work practices within the organization.
-Facilitate reporting of all known major deficiencies, known as major Operation Identified Comments (OICs), to the General Auditor’s Office.
-Participate in the development and evaluation of corrective action plans that address root causes, support timely implementation and provide sustainable resolution of identified deficiencies i.e. Marketing & Sales OIC and GAO comment support and coordination (review, raise, corrective action, implementation and sustainability testing)
-Provide coordination for NSC Audits
-Review control status with Operational and Finance NSC Management.
-Perform or assist with special studies of operating processes and systems, as requested
-Cascade control issues, trend data, new policies, updated approval authorities, and other related material throughout the organization as appropriate.
• Support the implementation of “best practices” throughout the organization for all operating and finance processes
• Participate in the design of new processes, or review of new processes or acquisitions, to ensure they are efficient and effectively controlled.
• Ensure the process changes affecting company financials go through S-Ox Change Management Process, support operations through this process.
• Ensure Local Incident Coordinator or the Regional Investigation Coordinator is advised of any unusual events; assist in reviews, as requested.
• Assist, as requested, in the investigation of control breakdowns; lead local investigations as required, and facilitate related corrective actions with Operating Management.
• Review individual training needs and communicate to the Internal Control Supervisor.
• Travel requirements to National Sales Companies throughout Europe (approx: 20-25%).
• Applicants must have a degree in Economics (University of Economics or Colleague of Finance and Accounting)
• 2-3 years working experience preferably at Multinational Organization
• experience in auditing or internal control or finance would be an advantage
• Sarbanes Oxley Experience and having a Chartered Accountant qualification would be an advantage
• You should be a highly motivated self-starter with a drive for results who can demonstrate:
-The ability to work independently without close supervision
-High level of integrity and accountability
-Have strong business acumen coupled with functional and technical knowledge
-Be able to build strong relationships and have the ability to work in a team environment
-Have a quality mindset with a continuous improvement philosophy
-Have a “can do” attitude with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and quality
-Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
-Strong negotiating and persuasion skills
-Fluent English Language capabilities, both written and oral.
-Further Foreign Language skills would be an advantage, but are not essential
• 20-25% within Europe that is concentrated between May and October
What we offer:
• Using & improving your language knowledge
• Multinational and modern environment
• Competitive compensation package
• Good possibilities to grow within the company
• Personalized training opportunities