3rd Line Voice Support Engineer (BM-8314)
• Providing technical expertise, supporting and consulting on switch upgrades and larger more complex projects that impact the requirements of the switched network.
• Liaising with internal departments to ensure new products can be developed and supported.
• Resolving high level (technical) faults on the network and liaises with technical solutions teams in the vendor community, acts as an internal expert.
• Providing E2E and L3 operation support for BT GMV/GSIP Network.
• Participating in a paid Call Out rota of 1 in 5.
• Resolving complex customer service and network problems ensuring timely and effective resolution.
• Providing consultancy and advice to 1st/2nd and 3rd Line Operations, Platform Teams, Service Centres, Customers including Service Providers as appropriate.
• Undertaking activity, designed to reduce fault volume and reactive activities (in order to reduce costs, improve Customers Satisfaction, and prevent Customer Dissatisfaction) by analysing trend and blackspot data, and taking pre-emptive and preventative actions to resolve issues before service is affected.
• Providing advice and guidance to the capacity and performance management teams in order to ensure optimum network performance.
• Supporting the evaluation, introduction, impact and implementation of new Products, Services, Support Systems or Processes for the delivery of Network Services to customers.
• May have responsibility for supporting contracts, e.g. managing the supplier base ensuring delivery against contractual and commercial commitments, managing the ”in-life” contract supplier performance, working with technical experts to define contractual performance requirements, maximise business benefits through commercial/performance framework, working with colleagues across the business to define the strategic direction for supplier support.
• Providing advice and updates to the Service Continuity designer.
• Helping with billing issues and restoration of the billing service.
• Upskilling the 2nd line team with new knowledge.
• Expert level knowledge on Genband Q20 and Q21 SBCs
• Expert level SIP signalling diagnostic skills
• 2+ years of experience in Voice Networking in SIP environments at 2nd or 3rd line support or above
• Unix/Linux background is an advantage
• Experience with Ericsson AXD/TeS or Cisco is an advantage
• English on a fluent level is a must
• Also, French or German or Italian or Spanish on a conversational level is an advantage
What they offer:
•Supportive corporate culture
•Inspiring working teams
•Competitive salary and benefit package
•Professional development programs, trainings and educational support
•Employee and Family Friendly Workplace
•Private health insurance package