Data Network Consultant (TN-6722)
– Produce standardized designs in a range of areas and will work on specific platform designs and/or customer solutions.
– Deal with problems independently but may require technical guidance as appropriate.
– Collaboratively work with other designers and engineers to resolve design and implementation issues as well as documenting and delivering training and coaching of less experienced team members.
– technical design contract delivery experience (i.e. delivering complex services to customers)
– good understanding of end to end network designs
– understanding the contribution of the various technologies and components needed to deliver an end to end solution
– Working on large scale solutions of high complexity
– Applying knowledge of the company’s current architectural design patterns and network design techniques
Required Skills & Experience:
– Expertise on technical designs, pre-sales, planning and implementations across a wide range of integrated technologies including Network (WAN and LAN) and IT Infrastructure
– Industrial accreditation at typically professional/expert level in appropriate topics (Specifically CCNA/CCNP Accredited )
– Drive bids and projects in terms of the technical team to achieve deadlines and maintain high quality throughout the lifecycle
– Interpret Customer needs, assessing the full requirements, identifying solutions to standard and non-standard tasks
– Interpret internal and external business issues
– Ability to explain difficult concepts to a variety of audiences
– Experience creating high quality technical designs, Customer facing proposals and detailed cost models
– Evidence of strong long term relationships with Major Customers, Sales Channels and Solutions type organization
– Additional experience in Cisco Voice Comms (IPT, Voice Gateways, Unified Comms, Unity, CUCM) would be considered an advantage
– Experience of ITIL best practice standards and processes, IT optimization methodologies and cost benefit analysis.
– High level of business English
– Network: Cisco WAN/LAN, Huawei WAN/LAN, QOS, IPSec, DSL, FttX, Ethernet, Leased Line, IPv6, MPLS, MetroE
– Security: ASA/ PIX, Check Point Firewall Security , Cisco ACS, VPN, IPS/IDS
– Wireless LAN: Cisco wireless Lan, Wireless Lan, QOS, Aruba Wireless networks, Wimax
– WAN Optimisation: Riverbed – Steelhead, Ipanema -Cisco WAAS
– Basic understanding and experience of an ITIL based delivery model
– Microsoft Office and Visio