Finance Implementation Project Manager (PE-11478)
The Finance Data SME role is a specialist role and acts as an interface between the Finance and the BMS project teams.
Under supervision of the Comptroller and Director of Finance, and in close collaboration with the finance network in agency and partner organizations, the BMS project team and the Information Management Technology teams, the incumbent will undertake the following tasks and activities:
• Work with the Finance and BMS project managers to identify the data footprint required, the data sources and data elements to be migrated to the Workday
• Support finance managers in analysis and data profiling of systems/sources to be mapped and migrated to the Workday solution. Identifying outliers, anomalies and issues in process and management of data.
• Collaborate with the Finance and BMS project teams to understand requirements, and coordinate and support the design of data conversion rules
• Help guide the BMS project as they build data extraction processes and reconciliation reports.
• Collaborate with Finance and BMS project teams to determine the approach to remediation of data quality and availability issues.
• Lead data profiling and put together metrics to report on data quality and gaps. Devise strategy to improve quality of data.
• Devise data validation strategy, test cases and reconciliation reports, and lead validation of data loaded into Workday.
• Continuously improve data conversion and transformation methods to simplify process and improve data quality and turnaround times.
• Collaborate with Finance and BMS project teams to ensure that activities are operated with the right quality, to schedule and risks managed.
• Ensuring all work activities associated with the identification cleansing, enrichment, extract, transform and load of data from legacy systems into Workday is fully reconciled, auditable and accurate.
• Provide regular status reports to finance management;
• Any other task as assigned by the Comptroller and Director of Finance.
The tasks will be based on the overall project plan of the BMS project and, as such, are subject to change.
• University degree in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent.
• Professional accounting certification such as CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
• Advanced level university degree in accounting, finance, business administration of equivalent
• Certification in data analytics / data science
• At least 7 years previous relevant experience working in an international financial accounting and reporting environment .
• Deep expertise and knowledge of finance, accounting, projects and contracts data and processes.
• Experience in large data conversion projects, with multiple data sources from varying data models utilizing SAP/Oracle/Workday/similar as target – ideally in a complex, global or large-scale corporate or public sector environment
• Experience undertaking activities that require cross-system actions and cross-team collaboration
• Experience with Workday ERP
• First-hand experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS
• Excellent analytical skills, a strong ability for problem solving and the ability for thinking outside of the square.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to manage conflict and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates strong time management skills.
• Advanced computer software skills, including SQL, Excel macros and other accounting packages
• Advanced excel report writing skills.
• Maintains a high degree of accuracy in both data recording (cross-referencing and checking documentation) and providing information.
• Ability to deal with a demanding workload which will include conflicting demands on time
• Ability to lead and supervise a team
• Expert English
• Intermediate knowledge of another UN official language
• Producing Results
• Ensuring the effective use of resources
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
• Creating an empowering and motivating environment