Commercial Finance Manager (PE-10817)
• Leading or supporting the Commercial Finance work stream of a cross-functional bid response team, the Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for structuring deals to achieve the right outcome for the company and the customer.
• Ensuring that bids have been costed and priced accurately and have been thoroughly prepared in accordance with the policy and adhere to the published governance rules.
• Ensuring that associated material financial risks and considerations are captured and communicated to the approval authorities.
• Working closely with global bid teams consisting of sales, technical, service design, legal and product specialists, to accurately price new business proposals in accordance with Customer tender requirements.
• Driving bid teams on key commercial aspects (for example: delivery penalties, discount structures, billing models and cashflow optimisation, foreign exchange, contract termination provisions) and pricing strategy.
• Proactively approaching to understand the basis, underlying assumptions and drivers of the company’s offering, ensuring these are aligned with Customer requirements (pricing structures, budget) and clearly communicated in the company offer documents where required.
• Preparing and presentating briefing papers and analysis up to Board Level, ensuring decisions are taken in an open and honest way with full transparency of numbers and issues.
• Driving initiatives that improve the underlying processes for Commercial & Bid.
What you need to have:
• Ability to meet the customers’ needs in line with the business requirements
• Focusing on the objectives and the required outcomes of the processes while delivering a service
• Taking the responsibility and taking care of the consequences of making a decision
• Using all data and information available to analyse and understand a situation, with the aim of supporting decisions
• Degree Level (or equivalent)
• Finance or Business based degree desirable but not essential depending on subsequent experience is an advantage
• Confident presenting at Senior Management level
• Professional Accountancy qualification with post qualification experience or MBA is an advantage is an advantage
• Established commercial background
• English on a fluent level
• Any European language on a fluent level is an advantage