DevOps Engineer - Echo (BR-10736)
Is providing good service something that motivates you, too? Then why not join them in developing innovative products and services in an international environment!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of an agile, cross-functional team within our Travel & Assistance practice. Your work will contribute to our client, a global organization supporting people and businesses in times of trouble, for simple advice, at home or on the move. Together with your international team, you will take over end-to-end ownership for various business applications, contribute to world-wide rollouts and guarantee stable solutions.
You will be allocated to development or production activities, collaborating closely with the agile development teams to take end-to-end responsibility of our environments, infrastructure and platforms. In addition, you will ensure operational availability of our systems, share on-call duty with your fellow Engineers and improve the incident, problem and change management processes for our stages. System, database and network administration tasks will be handled by you in order to guarantee frictionless operations. You will design and improve our CI/CD pipelines, automate the repetitive operational tasks on all levels, and work with our developers to guarantee stable environments and provide fault-tolerant and high-reliable solutions. You will drive cloud adoption, work on the containerization of our applications and configure and maintain container orchestration environments. You will take end-to-end responsibility of our platforms and infrastructure and work closely with developers to reduce and automate the daily toil.
We are looking for professionals on different levels:
• For Professional-/Senior-level roles, we are looking for candidates with 3+ years of relevant experience as part of a DevOps Team in the IT industry, as an enterprise systems administrator in a client or server environment (incl. deployment automation tools), and who are eager to learn and master other technologies to further their career.
• For Entry-level roles and Advanced Beginners, we welcome highly-motivated, high-potential candidates with up to 2 years of relevant experience.
• Actively participate in software design processes to ensure Cloud-first, containerization, high-availability and maintainability, data storage technologies
• Select, configure, develop, support and scale the tools and technologies used to build highly scalable and manageable containerized cloud environments
• Provide technical guidance and expertise on containerization and orchestration strategies
• Implement and enhance our level of automation of our software delivery life cycle (CI/CD pipelines)
• Ensure operations 24/7×365, shared on-call duty
• Analyze our systems regarding performance, security and availability
• Troubleshoot issues in our staged environments from test to production
• Write SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), design documentation to accomplish repetitive tasks, create maintain and update cluster documentation
• Be eager to proactively expand knowledge regarding technologies that help to contribute to the delivery of our technical solutions
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience with system and network administration on a Linux OS (RHEL, Debian, TCP/IP)
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience with software development and scripting languages, to provide automation and self-service tooling (e.g. Unix shell, Python, Groovy…)
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience with Java/OOP concepts and Java application maintenance on Tomcat or Jboss
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience in CI/CD best practices, setting up and maintaining build and deployment pipelines (Github, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Travis CI)
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience with configuration management and deployment, software provisioning and deployment automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, …)
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience with container (orchestration) technologies (e.g. OCI, Docker, Kubernetes (CNCF foundation, EKS, AKS), OpenShift, …)
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience with cloud solutions (AWS EKS, AWS Storage, AWS RDS, Azure AKS, Azure Storage, Azure SQL, Rancher, Gardener)
• Strong Knowledge/Practical Experience with monitoring applications (Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, ELK, Dynatrace)
• Basic Knowledge/Practical Experience with SQL and scripting within relational databases, database administration (PostgreSQL)
• Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on success
• Resourceful mindset and problem-solving attitude
• Team-minded attitude with great interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
Nice To Have:
• Practical Experience with the Spring stack, especially Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Spring Data
• Practical Experience with API development (RESTful Web Services, JAX-RS)
• Practical Experience with API tools (e.g. Postman, Selenium, REST-assured, TestNG, Swagger, …)
• Practical Experience with test automation tools and frameworks (e.g. Cypress, Selenium, Tosca, …)
• Practical Experience with APM tools (e.g. Dynatrace, …)
What they offer
• Competitive salary + package
• Possibility to be a part of training new generations in your team
• Possibility of full remote work
• Use your language skills
If the opportunity gained your attention, please submit your English CV to email@example.com, she will contact you with the details!