Senior Statutory Accountant (PE -10688 )
As a Senior Statutory Accountant, you will provide financial leadership on statutory compliance. You will support end to end process improvements projects, working with other process stakeholders.
This function will closely operate with various Corporate Departments (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, others), World Headquarters Global Financial Accounting teams, the Global Financial Services and Systems teams, and Operating divisions in Country.
You will support the Country Controller in ensuring all goals and targets associated with internal controls, external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice are met.
What you’ll be doing:
– Support the country controller for the preparation and external audit of the statutory accounts (e.g. prepare reconciliation between USGAAP and local GAAP, prepare the audit file, maintain fixed assets book under local rules, support signature process)
– Support the country controller for any other statutory compliance activities as appropriate (such as statistical reporting)
– Review the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing reporting.
– Support intercompany recharges for the EMEA region, ensuring invoicing accuracy and timeliness by working in close collaboration with the transfer pricing, supply chain, IT and treasury departments as well as global financial accounting and the shared service centers
– Taxes: prepare the tax accrual timely and accurately, support tax department for external and internal tax audits including Tax Inspections; preparation and filing of the tax information as required by local tax law
– Support Thomson Reuters statutory reporting tool implementation and ensure effective usage of the system
– Ensure compliance with the company’s financial policies, USGAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
– Ensure ethical standards are maintained in a manner that accrues maximum benefit to the company across all divisions.
What you need to have:
– Professional accounting qualification/university degree
– 4-6 years of financial experience
– Experience in finance/ accounting and auditing within a multinational (manufacturing) environment
– Knowledge of US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley
– Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies
– Excellent working knowledge of English, fluency in another European language would be a plus (German, French)
– Effective communication skill essential
– Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervision
– Able to work proactively taking the ownership on the given scope
– Experience in SAP/Oracle is an advantage
What we offer:
– Competitive compensation and benefits package
– Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
– Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
– Flexible working solutions (home office, remote, flexible working hours, part time etc.) are implemented across different EMEA locations, check out with the site HR what type of flexible working solution is available for this role.
– We make ethics and culture matter – You will enjoy working in supportive and collaborative workplace where ethics and safety are in our DNA
– We make your perspectives matter – Different points of view are what drive innovation and collaboration, and at the company, innovation begins with top-to-bottom diversity. Our senior leadership is made up of individuals from diverse groups to help create an environment where employees feel represented and heard at every level.
– We make your aspirations matter – the company encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
– We make your growth matter – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through the company University
– We make your contributions matter – reliability, safety, efficiency, and sustainability are at the core of our dedication to improving people’s lives and the environment through power management technologies.
– We make your wellbeing matter – We put your health and safety first. Wellness at – – The company is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
– We make your voice matter – we value safety and trust. This is a place where you can speak up and be heard. There’s room here for everyone because we believe that every person matters.