IT Procurement & Vendor Manager (BM-10648)
Responsible for developing and owning the Technology Vendor Management strategy for IT Department. Establishes and maintains strong vendor partnerships and identifies means to optimize service levels, performance, and costs. Partners Indirect Procurement to find commercial solutions to transformational technology changes led by the IT function across 16+ countries.
Areas (categories) in scope: IT-Software, IT Hardware, Clinical IT solutions, IT Contingent labor, Telecoms (mobile, landline, broadband), IT 3rd party managed services
Responsibilities and tasks:
• Develops IT vendor management strategies and policies
• Contributes to the creation and management of a preferred vendor environment by driving efficient selection and strategic price negotiations with vendors.
• Drafts negotiation strategies with global providers. Carries out selection processes, tenders, and one-to-one negotiations for all areas in scope. Supports senior IT leadership on global scale negotiations.
• Familiarizes with the IT market, vendors, and their capabilities. Follows market trends and developments.
• Develops contracts and SLAs with the support of the IT and Corporate Legal teams. Improves existing agreements with a strong focus on performance management of vendors.
• Organizes and leads vendor governance meetings. Assesses service delivery via analysis of applicable KPIs. Takes ownership of issues escalated by project and service teams and clients. Manages action plans to ensure a successful resolution.
• Investigates and proposes opportunities for rationalization of legacy IT suppliers.
• Ensures Procurement function early involvement in vendor selection and negotiation. Drives compliance with Affidea Procurement Policy and procedures (i.e., P2P, Data Privacy / Protection, Information Protection, Ethics, Code of Conduct, etc.)
• Supports the development of data-centric analytics of vendor performance, including data visualization and data presentation for the organization.
Requirements and Profile
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business administration, supply chain management, or other related fields (or equivalent work experience)
• Min. 3-5 years experience in a similar field preferably at a multi-country level
• Solid IT functional experience and understanding of global technology products and services
• Knowledge of IT and services procurement, contracting, and end-to-end processes.
• Analytical mindset and understanding of service cost models
• Proven capability to establish and build relationships with vendors
• Skillful in internal stakeholder engagement and influencing through data
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Strong MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) experience. Familiarity with Power BI and any of the major ERPs is an advantage
• Customer/ Patient focus – 4
• Striving to achieve the results – 4
• Team Management – 3
• Analytical thinking – 3
• Business orientation- 3
• Innovation / Optimization – 3