Data Engineer – PostgreSQL (BR-10597)
– Maintain the physical data model, queries, and service interface for the loading, querying, and maintenance of data in a Postgres database and other data sources.
– Coordinate data management tasks in support of data quality efforts, tune queries for optimal performance, and develop DDL and DML scripts for Postgres.
– Involved in all aspects of the solution involving the backend database.
– performing data design, modeling, coding and day to day maintenance
– Build database scripts to support ETL, DDL, OLTP, Data Warehouse, and CrUD operations
– Develop data migration strategies to support a cloud database environment.
– Production systems support and on-call duties are also required in this role
– Postgres, Oracle knowledge
– Strong understanding of Postgres configuration including vacuuming, user/role permissions and partitioning
– Strong understanding of SQL tuning and optimization of query plans
– Proven knowledge and experience in designing database schemas to align with development and business goals and objectives
– Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
– Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
– Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Nice to have
– Experience with other AWS database platforms such as RDS and Dynamo DB
– Experience with object-oriented/object scripting languages: Python, Java, etc
– Experience with Agile development practices, Jira and Confluence
What they offer
– Competitive salary package according to candidate’s knowledge and competences
– Annual financial bonus – based on individual targets
– Wide package of certified trainings
– Possibility to develop existing and new skills
– Support of work-life balance
If the opportunity gained your attention, please submit your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, she will contact you with the details!