JAVA Developer (ECH-10602)
Is providing good service something that motivates you, too? Then why not join them in developing innovative products and services in an international environment!
As a Java Developer, you will be part of an agile, cross-functional team within our Travel & Assistance practice. Your work will contribute to our client, a global organization supporting people and businesses in times of trouble, for simple advice, at home or on the move. Together with your international team, you will take over end-to-end ownership for various business applications, contribute to world-wide rollouts and guarantee stable solutions.
You will be allocated to development or production activities, responsible for the technical design and implementation of our Java-based business applications for the client. You will work on RESTful APIs. In this role, you will take over end-to-end ownership of your developed features and functionalities. You will collaborate with solution designers and architects to design components and get together with DevOps to improve our CI/CD pipelines as well as guarantee stable environments and provide fault-tolerant and highly-reliable solutions. Furthermore, you will collaborate with our quality automation engineers to contribute to test automation.
Java Development opportunities are available for candidates of All Levels of Experience:
• For Professional-/Senior-level roles, we are looking for candidates with 2+ years of relevant experience working with the technologies of our Toolstack (defined below), and who are eager to learn and master other technologies to further their career.
• For Entry-level roles and Advanced Beginners, we welcome highly-motivated, high-potential candidates with up to 2 years of relevant experience and interest in the technologies of our Toolstack.
Professional-/Senior-Level Developers Will Be Expected to:
• Take initiative to architect technical solutions and drive implementation
• Design, Architect, Build and Improve solutions that bring value to end customers and organizations
• Set up and Improve engineering practices within the team (TDD, CI/CD etc.)
• Be a mentor to your teammates
All Java Developers Will Be Expected to:
• Align with respective product owners and team members to understand the business requirements of our customers
• Take ownership for features within an application
• Implement new or enhance existing features within an application
• Design and build scalable technical solutions for end customers and organizations, while following best practices
• Be eager to proactively expand knowledge regarding technologies that help to contribute to the delivery of our technical solutions
• API: RESTful Web Services, JAX-RS, Postman, Swagger
• Version Management: GIT
• Relational Databases, SQL
• Cloud: AWS, Azure
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, SonarQube, Github
• Container (Orchestration): Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
• Eclipse RCP or OSGi
• Profiling/Monitoring: JProfile, Dynatrace, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana
• Apache Kafka
• Practical Experience with applying Java OOP concepts
• Practical Experience with implementing web service calls
• Practical Experience with Microservices and Event-based Architecture
• Basic Knowledge about Linux as an OS, standard Linux commands (e.g. vi editor, grep, sudo, netstat, …)
• A sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on success
• A resourceful mindset and problem-solving attitude
• A team-minded attitude and great interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Flexibility to travel (depending on restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, preferably once a month to delivery centers or clients)
What they offer
• Competitive salary + package
• Possibility to be a part of training new generations in your team
• Possibility of full remote work
• Use your language skills
If the opportunity gained your attention, please submit your English CV to email@example.com, she will contact you with the details!