UNHCR - Senior Personnel Administration Assistant (PE-10557)
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Ensure adherence to rules & regulations and standard operational procedures as per established policies.
– Administer HR processes, benefits and entitlements for internationally recruited staff, and for locally recruited staff at Headquarters Geneva within a designated Bureau/Division, applying the UN Staff Rules and Regulations so as to ensure uniform and consistent application of HR and administrative rules and procedures.
– Advise staff members on their eligibility for benefits and entitlements within their respective conditions of employment.
– Ensure that staff personnel data are correctly entered in the MSRP Human Resources IT module. Upon verification and analysis of data, request senior colleagues to take appropriate actions, if required.
– Maintain effective and cordial working relationships with UNHCR staff members and other counterparts within the Organization as well as outside in order to ensure implementation of required action(s), observing discretion, due confidentiality and courtesy in all his/her dealings.
– Maintain the personnel records and follow up on issues between UNHCR Offices and PAS with a view to ensuring accurate and timely responses are given at all times.
– Stay abreast of policy developments and application of administrative/HR procedures on Personnel/Human Resources issues so that appropriate responses can be provided on various queries received from the staff members and managers.
– Prepare payments/disbursements/statutory claims due to UNHCR staff members and other clients, as per established UNHCR administrative/finance rules and other official issuances.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Human Resources Management;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
IT-ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Functional Knowledge;
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures;
UN-UN/UNHCR Human Resources Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures;
EX-Experience in international organization (United Nations or similar);
HR-Administer/manage a large number of staff, preferably within the UN;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All jobs at UNHCR require six core competencies and may also require managerial competencies and/or cross-functional competencies. The six core competencies are listed below.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Planning and Organizing
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
– Annual leave: UNHCR staff members holding a fixed-term appointment will accrue annual leave at the rate of 2.5 working days for each full calendar months of service (i.e. 30 working days per year). – Pension system: Staff members holding a fixed-term appointment will become participants in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF).
– Health insurance plan: locally recruited staff members in Budapest will be enrolled in the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP). The coverage is also optionally available for eligible family members.