Application Support Engineer (EK-11367)
All Application Services (maintenance and support) as defined by the Capability Lead – Applications Services.
The IT Support Engineer works closely with the Application Support Lead to provide IT support services in line with SLAs agreed with IT DEMAND/CIO.
• Overall responsible for executing the necessary support and maintenance activities to meet the SLAs agreed with CIO/IT DEMAND
• Work with other Supporting Levels of IT SUPPLY to build strong professional relationships and ensure the effective ticket dispatch to next levels, ticket escalations and delivery of the in-scope IT services.
• Responsible for execution of/contribution to assigned Group/Country IT Application Services initiatives.
• Provide feedback and insights to the team on ways to better serve our customers.
• Gather complete and accurate information on the nature, complexity, impact and urgency of issues and accurately record all information in ITSM software in case acting as First Level too due to shared responsibility.
• Take ownership and resolves issues via telephone, email, or in-person, meeting or exceeding stated Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframes.
• Provide initial triage with the goal to handle and resolve more issues over time with familiarity/skillset.
• Clearly communicate technical responses to customers ensuring the understanding of the steps needed for the resolution.
• Work closely with the Capability management for issues that require escalation. This includes detailed review of previous troubleshooting steps, workflow process, error messaging and testing.
• Provide assistance to Infrastructure Services, Security Services and other IT SUPPLY teams as needed
• Cooperation with IT DEMAND teams on IT projects, initiatives as needed
• Research existing knowledge base articles, issue tracking system, and product documentation for existing answers to known issues resulting in increased first and second level closure rates.
• Actively contribute to the knowledge database through the creation of articles when unknown issues are resolved.
• Provide a positive customer experience for every customer contact.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of our Application Portfolio, support protocols, customer contact software and departmental procedures.
• Consistently display an enthusiastic, positive, and professional attitude in both words and actions.
• University education in an IT discipline or equivalent professional experience.
• Fluency in English language. Additional language knowledge an advantage.
• Experience 3 to 5 Years.
• Troubleshooting skills with multi-threaded applications (debugging, analysing, troubleshooting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience to work cross-functionally to provide solutions.