Senior Systems Engineer – Azure Cloud (KA-11354)
Architect, design, build, implement, improve and support scalable Microsoft Azure Cloud solutions.
• Explore technology options, create practical proposals and lead the technical migration of infrastructure components from the company’s on-premises datacenter to the Azure cloud;
• Own key cloud operational metrics: maximize application performance, increase availability, reduce technology risks, stabilize critical platform services, and optimize costs;
• Provide 2nd / 3rd level support for technical troubleshooting, document processes & best practices, create & maintain knowledge articles, and regularly train helpdesk staff;
• Partner with internal / external technical teams and functional counterparts to drive continuous infrastructure modernization, eliminate bottlenecks and enable business growth;
• Assist in vendor management processes for project work and ongoing operational support;
• Contribute to policies & guidelines that govern cloud deployment processes and enable standardized maintenance services;
• Collaborate with IT security professionals to define, document, enforce, and audit overall cloud security – support regular testing exercises and remediate findings.
• 5+ years’ technical experience in Windows Server and SQL Server engineering across geographically dispersed and virtualized enterprise environments;
• 2+ years’ hands-on experience in medium+ complexity Azure migration projects (“lift-and-shift”, re-factoring and / or re-platforming);
• BSc/MSc Degree in Computer Science / IT Engineering or an equivalent industry proficiency with both practical and theoretical domain knowledge – relevant Azure / Microsoft certifications are a definite plus;
• Practical expertise in configuring, managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory services and Hybrid AD environments;
• Detailed knowledge of basic Azure offerings (including SQL database services) and demonstrated willingness to learn new capabilities, introduce new features;
• Good communication skills, fluency in English, practical experience with virtual teamwork and cross-country collaboration in an international / multi-cultural business environment, reliability, thoroughness, analytical thinking;