Corporate Lawyer (PE-10455)
• Technical expertise and experience with the financial services industry, preferably in asset management;
• Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations for the financial services activities in Hungary and Europe including contract law ;
• Familiarity with the Magyar Nemzeti Bank rules and guidelines on licensed activities in Hungary as well as regulation applicable to international cross border investment management and funds businesses; in particular broad knowledge of MiFID.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation techniques;
• Takes ownership of legal matters checking where appropriate with colleagues;
• Manages multiple time sensitive matters in a demanding, fast-paced and fluid environment;
• Seeks to understand the businesses, products and processes which are supported;
• Communicates complex concepts in an understandable way at all levels of the firm in verbal and written form;
• Coordinates complex projects involving different business groups;
• Business and solution-oriented approach to interacting and working with clients;
• Rejects shortcuts that could compromise quality of service and follows internal policies and procedures.
• Dynamic and positive personality with networking ability and excellent team work skills.
Ideally You should have:
• Hungarian law degree and Bar admission
• Excellent grasp of Hungarian contract law and the issues to arise in general commercial contracts.
• 5 – 7 years experience gained as a lawyer in a major law firm and/or in-house counsel of a financial services firm or asset manager;
• International professional or educational experience (e.g. LLM) is an advantage;
• Excellent Hungarian and English language skills (written and spoken);