Senior Accountant Statutory (PE-10408)
As a Senior Statutory Accountant, you will provide financial leadership on statutory compliance. You will support end to end process improvements projects, working with other process stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
• Support the country controller for the preparation and external audit of the statutory accounts (e.g. prepare reconciliation between USGAAP and local GAAP, prepare the audit file, maintain fixed assets book under local rules, support signature process)
• Support the country controller for any other statutory compliance activities as appropriate (such as statistical reporting)
• Review the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing reporting.
• Support intercompany recharges for the EMEA region, ensuring invoicing accuracy and timeliness by working in close collaboration with the transfer pricing, supply chain, IT and treasury departments as well as global financial accounting and the shared service centers
• Taxes: prepare the tax accrual timely and accurately, support tax department for external and internal tax audits including Tax Inspections; preparation and filing of the tax information as required by local tax law
• Support Thomson Reuters statutory reporting tool implementation and ensure effective usage of the system
• Ensure compliance with the company’s financial policies, USGAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Ensure ethical standards are maintained in a manner that accrues maximum benefit to the company across all divisions.
What you need to have:
• Professional accounting qualification/university degree
• 4-6 years of financial experience
• Experience in finance/ accounting and auditing within a multinational (manufacturing) environment
• Knowledge of US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley
• Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies
•Excellent working knowledge of English
• Effective communication skill essential
• Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervision
• Able to work proactively taking the ownership on the given scope
• Knowledge of local statutory reporting requirements (for example for UK/Ireland, Spain, France, Germany, Italy)
• Fluency in another European language would be a plus (German, French, Italian, Spanish)
• Experience in SAP/Oracle is an advantage
What we offer:
• We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for you
• We ensure health, wellness, safety and work-life balance for you
• We invest in you for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities
• We offer career advancement opportunities for you