Senior Accountant Statutory - Hungary (PE-10404)
What you’ll be doing:
• Maintain up to date documentation of local statutory requirements (deadlines, accounting policy, adjustments etc).
• Produce statutory entity accounts under Hungarian GAAP for each financial year in line with timetable
• Review and/or prepare data required for the completion of all statutory filings, prepare and submit quarterly and annual statistical reports for entities subject to reporting requirements (if applicable)
• Participation in the statutory audits. Closely operate with the external providers.
• Ensure compliance with USGAAP accounting and financial policies
• Managing the reconciliation between US GAAP books and statutory books
• Support Thomson Reuters statutory reporting tool implementation and ensure effective usage of the system
• Taxes: timely and accurate calculation of tax liability; conducting reconciliation between taxable income or loss and the net income or loss resulting from the statutory books; support external and internal tax audits including Tax Inspections; preparation and filing of the tax information as required by local tax law
• Assisting in the implementation of internal controls
• Manage & improve financial controls & processes while mitigating issues.
• To co-ordinate and act as a consultant, in the provision of advice and technical assistance to all in-country operating divisions, World
• Headquarters and European shared service center, on: central systems, technical accounting issues, VAT, fiscal matters, and compliance in accordance with fiscally acceptable criteria and risk management objectives
• To advise, guide and support the implementation to all company in-country divisions of uniformity of financial accounting systems; ensure that modifications in systems and procedures due to changes in legal, fiscal and corporate requirements are coordinated; maintain the integrity of legal entity and fiscal accounting while minimizing expense to effect such changes.
• Reviewing and reconcile the Fixed Asset additions, disposals, depreciation between FA ERP’s module and GL accounts for the LEs.
• Support intercompany recharges for the EMEA region, ensuring invoicing accuracy and timeliness by working in close collaboration with the transfer pricing, supply chain, IT and treasury departments as well as global financial accounting and the shared service centers
• Assist the Hungarian Country Controller in ensuring its many & varied obligations are met, driving to improve & standardise Country accounting processes
• Undertake a range of other ad-hoc activities as the local country finance representative (i.e. one-off admin tasks required onsite).
• Ensure ethical standards are maintained in a manner that accrues maximum benefit to the companyacross all divisions
What you need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent– Registered Chartered Accountant in Hungary is an advantage
• 4-6 years of financial experience in finance/ accounting and/or auditing within a multinational (manufacturing) environment
• Excellent knowledge of Hungarian statutory reporting requirements and US GAAP
• Experience in SAP/Oracle is an advantage
• Practical knowledge of corporate income tax /indirect taxes (FAS 109)
• Experience of best practice implementation/end to end process improvement in accounting & reporting
• Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies
• Excellent working knowledge of the English and Hungarian. Another European language is an advantage
• Effective communication skill essential
• Demonstrable continued personal development in both technical and behavioral areas
• Ability to operate and deliver independently without day-to-day supervision and work proactively taking the ownership on the given scope
What we offer:
• We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for you
• We ensure health, wellness, safety and work-life balance for you
• We invest in you for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities
• We offer career advancement opportunities for you
• Flexible working solutions (home office)