Country Chief Accountant - German speaking (PE-10380)
The Record to Report Department, often abbreviated as R2R department provides financial services for more than 130 affiliates in the EMEA region. Our main areas covered are: General Ledger Accounting, Management Accounting, Treasury and Accounts Receivable. The department is constantly expanding since our main goal is to perform end-to-end accounting activities in the near future.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Country Chief Accountant you will coordinate with Finance teams (Demand to Pay, Record to Report, Travel and Expense, Compliance) and execute month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with month-end close checklist.
As a qualified expert, you:
– Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, accountable for the financial accuracy of the affiliate’s financials.
– Take responsibility of all Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICFR) documentation and internal controls matters, act as owner for the ICFR tools – INVOLVE and BWISE
– Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation – follow up on open items and rectify any anomalies encountered
– Ensure submission other reporting packages accurately and within specified timeline i.e. Sustainability, Insurance reporting
– Take responsibility of IFRS 16 Leasing related matters i.e SimSol /Planon.
– Review and provide approval for all manual journal entries for posting by Budapest team.
– Take responsibility for all management accounting aspects i.e. Period cost allocation, COPA allocation, SCC allocation, etc.
– Take responsibility for all aspects of Accounts Receivables – review and approve manual billings, review debtors ageing and determine follow up actions, ensure all sales related activities are reported timely and accurate.
– Perform Cash flow management – forecast current and future cash flow requirement and arrangement for necessary fund transfers (if required).
– Take responsibility for all treasury matters i.e. FX deal, credit facilities, payment request, banking matters
– Handle all accounts payable related matters
– Manage master data – Chart of Accounts, Cost Center, Profit Center. WBS, vendor & customer master data, UCI, etc.
– Prepare statutory taxes calculations and reconciliation, including tax reporting and liaising with Tax Consultant.
– Prepare audit related schedules and documentation, including liaising with the Auditor.
– Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries.
– Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation.
– Act as main contact person for Budapest Finance teams for issue resolution for all financial matters.
– Act as the main contact person for FM in the affiliates for all financial matters, requests and advisory.
What you need to have:
As an ideal team member you are open-minded, dedicated to make a difference and open to constant development. Furthermore, you have:
– University education; preferably in Finance/Accounting related discipline, ACCA or other accounting professional qualifications will be an added advantage
– 8 years of experience in a related field and at least 5 years in accountant / audit role and people management experience
– Knowledge of accounting principles and practices; financial reporting, audit and taxation
– Proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably SAP and MS office tools
– Meticulous, independent, proactive mindset and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
– Proven track record of effective relationship and stakeholder management with diverse populations (customers, colleagues and senior leaders)
– Comfortably working in a dynamic, changing and growing environment
– Proficiency in English AND German
What we offer:
– Long-term career opportunities
– Great, people focused company culture
– Social events & team-building opportunities
– Development opportunities: free language courses, a wide range of training & learning opportunities, lateral and vertical career moves, exciting projects & assignments, etc.
– Excellent benefits: flexibility (home office days after your probation period), competitive salary and cafeteria package, Private Medical Services, Employee Assistance Program, All You Can Move Sportpass, coaching / mentoring opportunity, buddy program, team buildings, Themed Holiday party, annual bonus in March, etc.