Software Architect - SE 10240
We are looking for a strong Software Architect. What we work on has a scale and impact that is hard to find anywhere else. You will be responsible for building and working collaboratively with peers and teams across the globe. You will be working on a product which is loved by millions, to secure the online life of our users.
Your way of work
You would work alongside technical leaders and architecture team members to ensure all solutions based on solid foundations, right and proven technology, solid design principles and proper non-functional requirements such as performance, availability, maintainability, reliability, and security. You participate in discussions to provide business justification for engineering needs with different stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities:
– You will be responsible for designated areas of the architecture in one of our products and you are expected to take ownership by getting to know the areas in full, document, establish and maintain the architecture vision and future goals.
– Document and build consensus around principles of the architecture and clarify these principles when necessary.
– Help coordinate architecture developments inside and outside of the application domain, doing an early review of the deliverables, producing recommendations and providing guidelines and best practices.
– Ensure architectural direction and governance aligned with business strategy and industry best practices.
– Participate in solution work for new initiatives to outline high-level solutions.
– Identification of refactoring activities needed to address technical debt, performance, scalability, availability, reliability, and security.
– Conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches.
– Liaising with DevOps and Tech-Ops teams to bridge the gap between the development teams.
– Prior experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (Azure, AWS, etc.)
– Prior experience with containerization, deployment, and monitoring on Kubernetes
– Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
– Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
– Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MySQL, MSSQL, Cassandra)
– Experience designing and delivering high-throughput transactional systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST)
– Excellent communication skills (spoken, written & presentations), can express ideas to both technical and business users to resolve conflicts between various parties.
– Being a strong team player who offers help and regularly shares knowledge with your colleagues.
– Technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
– Solid understanding of scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
– Flexibility and creativity in solution design – including leveraging emerging technologies
– Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
The company offers:
• Development of numerous world-class software products with Research and Development Centers in Hungary and HQ in Boston
• Agile environment, fast development cycles
• Our products are used daily by millions of users
• Regular FedEx days to introduce your most unique, innovative ideas
• Improve your knowledge: attend workshops, conferences, trainings, meetups
• Highly competitive remuneration packages in international comparison
• Free e-books and interactive English courses
• Bike and longboard friendly office with “Bring Your Pet to Work” days