UNHCR - Senior Procurement Assistant (PE-10228)
– Support purchasing activities and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
– Provide reports and updates periodically and on request.
– Prepare procurement plans and ensure their implementation.
– Assist with commercial bid-tabulations from tenders and with the establishment of global framework agreements.
– Provide assistance to Field Offices and other customers on procurement related activities.
– Support the work of managers in a timely manner when responding to field requests for information and advice.
– Assist with the evaluation of purchase requisitions to ensure that specification, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order and in line with UNHCR financial and procurement rules and regulations.
– Process requests received for procurement of assigned goods/products.
– Prepare Purchase Orders for approval.
– Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
– Assist with the preparation of proposal review to be presented to the Committee on Contracts.
– Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems.
– Compile statistical information to identify trends and developments in procurement related matters that will assist in decision-making.
– Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
– Excellent knowledge of English
– Certificates and/or Licenses: Logistics, Supply chain, Procurement.
– 2 years relevant work experience.
– Functional Skills
SC-UN/UNHCR Procurement Rules and Procedures
– Computer skills
– Annual leave: UNHCR staff members holding a fixed-term appointment will accrue annual leave at the rate of 2.5 working days for each full calendar months of service (i.e. 30 working days per year). – Pension system: Staff members holding a fixed-term appointment will become participants in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF).
– Health insurance plan: locally recruited staff members in Budapest will be enrolled in the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP). The coverage is also optionally available for eligible family members.