Senior QA Engineer- SE 10166
Duties and responsibilities:
– Triage issue reports from various sources, including internal and external stakeholders.
– Oversee the design, implementation and execution of test strategies to ensure product quality.
– Applies understanding related to developing, modifying and evaluating test cases based on user stories relevant to manual and automated test planning.
– Analyzes CMS environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and cases relative to applications being tested.
– Contributes to the current automation framework’s base code.
– Participates in code peer reviews, designs sessions, and executes reusable and maintainable automated scripts to verify the functionality, accuracy and efficiency of our marketing websites.
– Analyzes testing results and collaborates with the web dev scrum team to uncover way to prevent future bugs and contributes to the integrity of technical work.
– Actively participates scrum ceremonies; leads smoke tests, and code deployment process improvements.
– Closely works with product owners to assess the user stories test and acceptance criteria.
– Proactively expands knowledge regarding Agile software test methodologies and advancement, incorporating this knowledge where applicable; seeks out internal mentors, courses and various learning opportunities
– Modify and evaluate software test plans and test automation frameworks used to test and optimize complex applications, resolving issues in innovative and practical ways.
– Proactively provide recommendations to working groups regarding the improvement of testing practices in the wider organization.
– Assist in researching and providing solutions and to add, modify, or enhance previously created automated scripts and frameworks.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, or related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education; 5+ years minimum relevant work experience
– Understanding Agile test methodologies, Scrum QA process and Agile project tools such as Jira
– Knowledge of testing product quality in software requirements for features and system qualities (including performance and security), product design, software design, estimates, source code, test plans, unit test harnesses, software and system performance data, software product information and bug fixes
– Experience with Git, Teamcity, BrowserStack, and Selenium
Desired Additional Skills
– Experience in the multiple technologies is desirable: Windows, Mac, multiple web browsers, Android, iOS-devices
– Experience with cross-browser testing (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari)
– Experience with code version and item tracking systems like Git and JIRA
– Experience with multi-lingual web site and/or application testing
– Experience with Selenium webdriver, Python as the preferred language
– Experience with Lean / Agile / Scrum development methodologies, SCRUM Master Certificate is a plus
The company offers:
• Development of numerous world-class software products with Research and Development Centers in Hungary and HQ in Boston
• Agile environment, fast development cycles
• Our products are used daily by millions of users
• Regular FedEx days to introduce your most unique, innovative ideas
• Improve your knowledge: attend workshops, conferences, trainings, meetups
• Highly competitive remuneration packages in international comparison
• Free e-books and interactive English courses
• Bike and longboard friendly office with “Bring Your Pet to Work” days