Bid Manager (HE-9589)
The role holder is a professional Bid Manager responsible for delivering and ensuring that bid deadlines are met.
He/she may work as part of a bid management team on larger, more complex/higher risk bids.
– To effectively manage a virtual team in bid activities.
– To be fully conversant with BT’s systems and processes, as applicable (sharepoint, SalesForce, MS Teams)
– To take lead responsibility for a specific bid, manage bid delivery and the associated resources, and act as the single point of contact.
– Takes responsibility for identifying deal risks (commercial and delivery) and will escalate as appropriate.
– Understand key financial basics, i.e. costs, pricing and budgets and provide sensible financial analysis.
– With minimum supervision will regularly use a number of bid management tools and techniques to support all bids (bid plans, risk registers, action trackers)
– To document the qualification of sales opportunities.
– To use resources as necessary to support bid proposals.
– To apply commercial knowledge to accurately build and model costs and prices, and evaluate risk and potential.
– Will have the ability to articulate the commercial proposition during meetings.
Impact is short-term and functional in scope, but with an awareness of functions outside of own business area.
Executes processes to meet customer / business needs within established guidelines.
Relevant career experience. (any bid / project management is an advantage)
– An appreciation of the relevant technical or commercial background issues, with an ability to understand technical solutions.
– Methodology skills deploying project management principles.
– Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.