IT Clerk for UNICEF Global Help Desk (PE-9946)
Incident Management duties:
• Log incidents. Answer phone calls, assist walk-ins, or address event triggered incidents.
• Categorize and prioritize incidents
• Perform initial diagnosis. Discover full symptoms, determine source of problem and how to correct it. Use diagnosis scripts and known errors
• Escalate incident to Tier 2 when needed. Continue to facilitate communication with users, Local Site Administrators (LSAs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed; review/monitor escalations of aged incidents and service calls waiting for users, LSAs, SMEs and Regional IT staff
• Investigation and Diagnosis (understand chronological order, identify events that might have triggered incidents, knowledge searches for previous occurrences, and incidents/problems records within the first-point resolution time limit (OLA for Tier 1)
• Resolution and Recovery. Ensure user understands provided solutions, provide remote assistance to diagnose and implement solution within the first-point resolution time limit (OLA for Tier 1) without the support of other teams
• Generate daily Service Desk reports (Open Tasks and Incidents for SMEs, etc.)
• Generate Service Desk End of Shift Reports (Activities performed by the Shift, etc.)
• Generate Weekly Reports (Open incidents and Tasks for escalation purposes, etc.)
Access Management duties:
• Create Task in Service Manager for service requests and assign them appropriately
• Reset/Unlock passwords and accounts for global systems (AD, SAP, WebHRIS)
• Create access request on behalf of users when requested (i.e. APPROVA Requests)
Perform Project related activities and other assigned tasks:
• Create Tasks in Service Manager for release process for new services and systems
• Support the compilation of Frequently Asked Questions
• Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
What you need to have?
• Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement
• University level courses in computer science, information systems, engineering, telecommunications, or equivalent qualifications is desirable
• Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required
• Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable
• Work experience with a development organization with multi-cultural and diverse environment is an asset
• Work experience in dealing with Customer Support and Services is an asset.
• Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
• Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset
• Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset
What we offer?
• Friendly and modern office environment
• Competitive salary depending on your skills and experience
• This contract is for a 12 months duration starting from 1 May (most likely in home office in light of current situation) with the possibility of prolongation
• it is a great first step if you wish to start your career in a UN organisation or in the Shared Service Center