DevOps Engineer (Windows) - SE 9824
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer with deep-dive knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and architecture. This individual will work as part of a geographically diverse, cross-disciplinary team to build and support a sophisticated and highly automated hybrid-cloud infrastructure, developing automated build scripts used for provisioning and release management as well as act as the Microsoft Windows subject matter expert.
– Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision are key
– Understand the risks of working in a live, 24×7 production environment
– Operate, maintain, and improve the applications infrastructures:
Staging and test environments
– Analyzing hardware capacities of the application infrastructure and providing recommendations to the Management team for improvements.
– Design and automate a robust provisioning process for environment setups (including test and development environments)
– Leading configuration automation efforts for both server and application configurations using Infrastructure as Code.
– Designing with practical knowledge hybrid-cloud based solutions.
– Work with architects and security experts to ensure services are secure
– Anticipating operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets, while recommending, influencing and implementing solutions to operational problems.
– Support the product development teams in design, development and troubleshooting
– Work closely and synchronize with other teams across LMI to follow standards and improve technical processes
– Demonstrating ownership of initiatives and driving them through to completion, including knowing the difference between project and interrupt driven tiering of work.
– Practical understanding with concepts such as Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration
– Continuously documenting processes and authoring user guides for an expanding infrastructure.
– Creating infrastructure requirement documents and system maps for the auto-scaling of applications deployed in our datacenters.
– 3+ years of relevant professional working experience required
– Solid operational knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
– Solid operational knowledge of Windows Server (2008 or newer) and/or Linux/Ubuntu operating systems
– Two or more of: PowerShell, Python, Bash, JSON & REST APIs
– Experience with complex, distributed production systems
– Active Directory, GPO, DNS and IIS
– Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Cassandra
– Virtual environments such as Hyper-V and/or ESX
– Logging standards, self-healing applications and providing Availability as a Service.
– Experience with version control and bug tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, Jira)
– Fluent English knowledge, able to communicate complex ideas in English
– Containerization of application deployments via Jenkins pipelines onto Azure or AWS cloud technologies
– PHP knowledge a plus
What extra you will get
– Development of world-class software products with Research and Development Centers in Hungary and HQ in Boston
– Professional days to introduce your most unique, innovative ideas
– Improve your knowledge: attend workshops, conferences, trainings, meetups
– Highly competitive remuneration packages in international comparison
– Free e-books and interactive English courses
– Office located in the middle of the Budapest
– Bike and longboard friendly office with “Bring Your Pet to Work” days