Senior Database Engineer- SE 9439
– Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision are key
– Understand the risks of working in a live, 24×7 production environment
– Operate, maintain, and improve the company’s database infrastructures:
Staging and test environments
– Analyze hardware capacities of the database infrastructure and provide recommendations to the Management team for improvements.
– Design and automate a robust provisioning process for environment setups (including test and development environments)
– Lead configuration automation efforts for server configurations using Infrastructure as Code.
– Design with practical knowledge hybrid-cloud based solutions. Work with architects and security experts to ensure services are secure
– Anticipate operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets, while recommending, influencing and implementing solutions to operational problems.
– Support the product development teams in design, development and troubleshooting
– Work closely and synchronize with other teams across the company to follow standards and improve technical processes
– Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion, including knowing the difference between project and interrupt driven tiering of work.
– Continuously document processes and author user guides for an expanding database infrastructure.
– Provide On-Call (24/7) coverage based on the defined schedule
– At least 5 years of work experience in database planning, modelling and developing
– Experience with MS SQL 2012 and 2014+
– Strong knowledge in MS SQL Server (T-SQL, stored procedures and functions)
– MS SQL optimization experience (query plan, index usage)
– Experience in developing large, heavy loaded and complex databases and in database performance optimization
– Good written and oral communication skills in Hungarian and English
– Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
– MySQL or/and Cassandra knowledge is a plus
Skills & Competencies:
– Interact with departments and end users having varying skill sets.
– Consistently sees the overall big picture situation besides focusing on the details and specific tasks
– Ability to collaborate with others to understand requirements, develop solutions, coordinate with other teams and deliver solutions
– Mentor junior team members.
– Takes the initiative to complete important tasks; influences others to consider alternative approaches that show increased value
– Excellent problem-solving ability
– Ability to collaborate with others to understand requirements, develop solutions, coordinate with QA/Testing and deliver finished products