Country Accountant (PE-9374)
– Ensuring the day to day accounts and accounting processes are managed to a high standard. This will involve working closely with the SSC KL Finance teams (AP, GAMA, AR, TR, T&E, Compliance and Procurement) to ensure accuracy of data, smooth operations and timely escalations to the affiliate’s Finance Manager.
– Contributes to the safeguarding of company assets through the maintenance of appropriate controls while supporting the FM in the determination of appropriate accounting treatment for various programs/global projects.
What you’ll be doing:
– Co-ordinate with SSC KL Finance teams (AP, GAMA, AR, TR, T&E, Compliance and Procurement) and execute month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with month-end close checklist.
– Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, accountable for the financial accuracy of the affiliate’s Financials.
– Responsible of all Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICFR) documentation and internal controls matters, act as owner for the ICFR tools – INVOLVE and BWISE
– Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation – follow up on open items and rectify any anomalies encountered.
– Submission other reporting packages accurately and within specified timeline i.e. Sustainability, Insurance reporting.
– Responsible of IFRS 16 Leasing related matters i.e SimSol /Planon .
– Review and provide approval for all manual journal entries for posting by SSC KL team.
– Responsible for all management accounting aspects i.e. Period cost allocation, COPA allocation, SSC allocation, etc
– Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivables – review and approve manual billings, review debtors ageing and determine follow up actions, ensure all sales related activities are reported timely and accurate.
– Cash flow management – forecast current and future cash flow requirement and arrangement for necessary fund transfers (if required).
– Responsible for all treasury matters i.e. FX deal, credit facilities, payment request, banking matters.
– Managing of master data – Chart of Accounts, Cost Center, Profit Center. WBS, vendor & customer master data, UCI, etc.
– Preparation of statutory taxes calculations and reconciliation, including tax reporting and liaising with Tax Consultant.
– Preparation of audit related schedules and documentation, including liaising with the Auditor.
– Participate in any compliance audits and responding to audit queries.
– Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation.
Being the main contact person for SSC KL Finance teams for issue resolution for all financial matters.
Being the main contact person for FM in the affiliates for all financial matters, requests and advisory.
What you need to have:
– English language knowledge on a fluent level is a must, German is an advantage
– A degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Commerce or equivalent. ACCA, CPA Australia or other accounting professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
– Minimum 5 years of working experience in related field and minimum 3 years in accountant role / audit experience.
– Knowledge of accounting principles and practices; financial reporting, audit and taxation.
– Proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably SAP and MS office tools.
– Able to commit for business travel when required.
What we offer:
– Competitive salary & benefit package
– Free language courses
– Long-term career opportunities
– Great, people focused company culture
– Social events & team-building opportunities
– Private medical service