Data Protection Officer (TV-8600)
– To inform and advise all members of faculty and staff on their obligation to adhere to the EU GDPR and national law(s) when dealing with personal data.
– To monitor compliance with the EU GDPR and national law(s).
– Advise and inform on the data protection impact assessment (DPIA), including monitoring performance of DPIAs against the requirements of the EU GDPR
– Liaise and cooperate with the supervisory authority.
– To be the point of contact for the supervisory authority on issues relating to processing of personal data, and to consult with the supervisory authority, where necessary, on any other personal data matters.
– To contribute to the development and maintenance of all University data protection policies, procedures and processes in relation to the protection of personal data.
– Advise management on the allocation of responsibilities internally to support ongoing compliance with the EU GDPR and national law(s).
– Ensure training and awareness is available and delivered to all members of staff involved in processing operations relating to personal data.
– Regularly monitor compliance with the EU GDPR and national data protection law(s) by conducting audits of processes relating to personal data, and report to the Board of Directors / Chief Executive Officer (CEO) / Top Management.
– To be the point of contact for data subjects with regard to the processing of their personal data.
– To advise senior management on the allocation of information security responsibilities.
– To develop/advise on formal procedures for reporting incidents (EU GDPR and information security-related) and investigations
– To contribute to the business continuity and disaster recovery planning process.
– To advise on and monitor the safeguarding of organizational record management.
– To advise the controller of its obligation to issue privacy notices to data subjects at the point of collection of their personal data.
What you need to have:
– Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Hungarian and English
– Experience of working in international work environment (higher education or similar context is an advantage)
– Bachelor’s or higher university degree in Legal Studies and/or IT (data protection specialization is an advantage)
– 3-5 yrs experience in data protection
What we offer:
– Using & improving your language knowledge
– Modern environment
– Competitive compensation package
– Good possibilities to grow within the company
– Personalized training opportunities