IT Service Desk Operative (BB - 8408)
Provides first level support to end-users. Quickly troubleshoots, documents and resolves issues within scope of knowledge. Identifies problem trends and follows escalation procedures. Performs Help Desk and/or PC life cycle management activities. Participates in special projects as requested. Analyzes the technical performance and reliability of products, systems and services against identified industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsible for developing and implementing technical service restorations and troubleshooting procedures for identifying, testing and diagnosing computer systems, peripheral equipment and application faults. Be able and willing to provide first and second level support to end-users.
Key Tasks and Activities:
• Receives inbound Help Desk calls in a professional and timely manner according to IT Services procedures.
• Captures accurate information from users (name, location, contact number, problem description) into the ticket system. Completely handles user requests within capability
• Maintain ownership of assigned tickets through end user follow-up. Enter completed & updated ticket resolutions in problem tracking system.
• Attempt to resolve outstanding tickets before escalating to other BIS staff. Recommend policies/procedures to improve ticket resolution times.
• Maintain liaison with all ITS departments and services to keep abreast of policy and procedural changes
• Responds to and correctly resolves tickets in a professional and timely manner according to BIS procedure. Display competency of Greif hardware, software and support services.
• Assists in promoting company’s philosophies and methodologies relative to the Service Desk
• Performs other duties as assigned
Expertise and Experience:
• Excellent English Communication skills (oral and written) and fluent in German/Dutch/Italian/Spanish/Russian
• Customer oriented troubleshooting skills
• Experience in configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting IT system & application problems.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft products, MCTS certification helpful
• Understanding of IT best practices, concepts and administration, ITIL certification helpful
• Experience with Infor ERP LN, Lotus, MS NAV or RES is a plus
• MS Windows operating systems
• MS Office suite of products, Active Directory
• Thin client and virtualization technologies
• end user hardware (PC’s, laptops, mobile devices)
To summarize, we offer:
• Work in a diverse / multicultural / highly professional team with global exposure
• Fast track growth opportunities
• Young and highly motivated team members
• Great degree of independence
• Flexible and informal work culture
If you are interested in the position above, please push the „Apply” button. Or send your CV in MS Word format to Bence Balogh email@example.com . Please rest assured that your personal details will be dealt with in a professional and confidential manner. Thank you!