Information Processing and Publishing Specialist (SZJ-8504)
– Hands-on publishing content from (CCMS) DB into several different output file types and systems.
– Applying taxonomy and metadata to existing content.
– Analysing, troubleshooting and debug of HTML5, XML, SVG and PDF files.
– Analysing and reporting authoring and publishing process issues.
– Participate in requirements development and testing of XML transforms (PDF, HTML4/5, etc.)
– Gathering comments and requirements from global users to facilitate system/process improvements.
– Under direction and priorities from Management, responsible for gathering, processing, debugging, and publishing different information-types (Topics, Videos, Graphics, Maps, Etc) to several different output channels (Tech Connect, EDT, PDF, Operators Consoles, Etc.).
– Ensure (proof) that the publishing process was successful in each output channel and information type.
– Assign taxonomy data and categorization to content as appropriate and as directed by subject matter experts globally.
– Debug HTML and XML content (in XML/HTML editing tools) to ensure adherence to standards and intended display or processes.
– Interact with global SMEs via email, webex and telephone to identify/clarify appropriate resources and processing details.
– Create and maintain data related to KPIs and process metrics.
– 2-5 years of experience
– Understands content lifecycle principles, business drivers and goals.
– Demonstrated abilities in multi-channel publishing/delivery methods.
– Understands the concepts of Taxonomy and Metadata.
– Demonstrated ability with HTML4/5 and CSS standards.
– Familiar with the DITA architecture, DITA XML, XSL, XSLT.
– Familiar with graphics standards in content publishing context (PNG, JPG, SVG).
– Able to troubleshoot HTML, DITA XML and SVG code.
– Has knowledge of relevant tools (CCMS, XML editors, and publishing options)