Senior SQL/Oracle DBA (KA-8929)
The Database Administrator position is responsible for creation and maintenance and of any new company Databases(primarily RDBMS) required for development, testing, education and production usage.
The person in this role participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the company infrastructure.
This role is also responsible for enabling the day-to-day IT activities company-wide via the availability of systems, operating systems, and software systems.
The person in this role work with project teams to enable a smooth transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing activities throughout the project life cycle.
• Maintain and administrate RDBMS databases connected to enterprise systems including the system backups, refreshments, user management.
• Applies enhancements and improves the managed systems by continuously aligning it to the new business requirements.
• Participates in the establishment of the correct governance strategy related to system usage, support processes and security for the managed systems.
• Contact to vendor if necessary.
• 10+ years of solid database administration experience working for large global manufacturing companies.
• Supporting mission critical production databases in a 24×7 environment.
• Proven skills in working with SQL Server and Oracle databases in particular SQL 2008 – SQL 2016, Oracle 11g -12c.
• Experience in Cloud technologies AWS.
• Expert in installation, configuration, security, migration, upgrades, monitoring, backup/recovery, high availability, trouble shooting and performance tuning of all supported databases.
• Expertise in applying Oracle PSU and CPU patches.
• Experience of working with Oracle and Microsoft support.
• Experience of MS Windows, AIX and Linux Red Hat operating systems, Oracle RAC including one-node, ASM, AWR, ADDM, RMAN, OEM 13c/12c, SQL Baselines, TKPROF, Explain Plan, SQL/PL SQL, Listener and networking, Data Guard, Golden Gate, Networker, CRON, SQL SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Clustering, Replication and Log shipping.
• Good communications skills to be able to communicate with people at different levels of the organization and different cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent written and spoken English. Good at writing reports and presenting. Ability to work under pressure but need to remain calm and work to existing company standards and procedures.
• To support our manufacturing sites need someone to work the early shift starting at 6.00am and has to be flexible to work whatever hours are required including weekends and out-of-hours call-out support.