Database Specialist Position / Bioinformatician (KA-8892)
We are searching for an informatics specialist that designs and sets up the database-backend as well as the client frontend application (full-stack development) for biological sample management.
• User interface design and development.
• Planning, implementing and maintaining the client application (C#, .NET using WPF)
• SQL database design, setup and maintenance (MySQL)
• Data import from available databases
• Participate in protocol development, focusing primarily on data management issues and cross-study data collection consistency.
• Responsible for communication, documentation, and training on data collection practices, query management and database procedures and will work closely with teams specialized in data analyses.
• Academic degree in informatics or related field.
• >3 years of hands-on coding experience in object oriented programming (C#, Java, Swift, Python,..)
• >3 years of experience and track record in design, development and management of SQL database setups and informatics tools required.
• Experience with version control (Git, Mercurial).
• Experience in facilitating and building consensus in an interdisciplinary team environment and able to build successful working relationships with a wide variety of collaborators.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently using strong organizational, project and time management skills.
Skills of Advantage:
• Firm knowledge of Python using Pandas or the Reactive Gui framework is a plus.
• Firm knowledge of MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench is a plus.
• Familiarity with clinical research and clinical trials is of advantage.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Communication skills in German are a plus
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV in Word format email@example.com . Please refer to the job advertisement reference code in the subject of your application and if you are not our registered user, please also register on our www.itjobs.hu website!