Commodity Buyer (HE - 8411)
– Planning and tracking RfX activity according to project needs and against design releases from Engineering in coordination with NPI Purchasing Leads closely interacting with all other product related functions along the New Product Introduction process;
– Implementing the company’s Global Strategic Sourcing process to identify, select and contract supply partners in collaboration with Global Commodity Managers, Site Commodity Buyers and NPI Managers/Director (depending on specific organizational design);
– Providing full transparency on sourcing timeline and timely involve on sourcing decision Global Purchasing (NPI and Commodity) ensuring adherence to EPC model (where applicable). Adhere to Virtual Sourcing Process to finalize sourcing decision;
– Participating in key negotiations as decided on a case by case basis by Purchasing Governance.
– Identifying areas for Supplier Development programs to maximize value from incumbents and to identify and establish alternate suppliers
– Supporting Quality on PPAP process by facilitating exchange of information to/from Suppliers. Tracking and reporting PPAP when required.
What you need to have:
– Minimum level of education: Bachelor’s degree
– 2-3 years of business experience
– Good command of general Purchasing skills, main focus on Strategic Sourcing execution, New Product Introduction procurement and current product optimization.
– Awareness of AG products, markets, supply landscape as well as analytical and project management skills to enable implementation of commodity strategies and the timely execution of the sourcing process.
– A technical background is a plus enabling the SSC NPI/Commodity buyer to provide commercial input to the Product Development team while understanding the associated technical implications.
– Problem solving and cost structure analysis skills are highly desirable.
– Experience with some combinations of purchasing and/or purchasing-related role, product development, project management.
– Experience with ERP systems (SAP in particular) systems is highly desirable
– Good written, spoken and presentation communications skills in French or German
What we offer:
– Using & improving your language knowledge
– Multinational and modern environment
– Competitive compensation package
– Good possibilities to grow within the company
– Personalized training opportunities