Network Planning & Design Professional (Designing) (TN-7997)
Special Bid Support
• Network SPOC for global complex special bid process
Network Access Capabilities
• To design access for leased and owned infrastructure i.e. city fibre networks (CFN) and backhaul.
• To lead on the introduction of new access technologies and the upgrade of relevant Network Management Systems and to create equipment designs and network topologies to reduce cost and to extend reach and functionality, in accordance with strategy, architecture and Operating Model i.e. creating Engineering stories based on Demand stories, Customer Experience stories and Solution stories.
• To align High Level and Low Level Designs with the vendor’s roadmap.
• Ensure that Vendor Roadmaps are reviewed with the Design Community and enhancements or additional requirements are logged with the Vendors.
• Design access for leased and owned infrastructure (CFN and backhaul)
• Promote aggregated access designs with service platforms
• Analyse network costs in support of business cases and designs
• Harmonisation of the access proposition and processes for use by all GS entities
• Integration of acquired access networks
• Production of networks led business cases and networks cost and technology input
to Product led cases
• Promote the common access component approach within Networks and Products
• Own and drive new major access change initiatives and projects.
• Compile all stories for STORM and update and allocate as required.
• Manage within the allocated budgets.
Required experience and skills:
• At least 3 years relevant experience
• Commercial and financial awareness is an advantage
• Detailed understanding of DWDM and SDH technologies is essential
• Detailed understanding of MPLS & Ethernet technologies would be an advantage
• An understanding of the emerging technology of Software defined networking would be an advantage
• Stakeholder and customer management
• Communication skills, the ability to communicate complex solutions simply
What they offer:
•Supportive corporate culture
•Inspiring working teams
•Competitive salary and benefit package
•Professional development programs, trainings and educational support
•Employee and Family Friendly Workplace
•Private health insurance package